Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Progress to date!

Hello world!
Apologies to all for my lack of whereabouts via the inter-webs. I have been busy preparing for my move from Phoenix to Portland (to study naturopathic medicine and bask in the beauty that engulfs Oregon) and so my mind has been elsewhere!

Let me just tell everyone how pleased I am with my dentist (Dr. Kevin Mueller in Sun City West, AZ) that introduced me to Dr. Singh's appliance! Deciding whether or not to try the DNA appliance was quite the leap of faith and I do not suggest it for those that have the "need it now" mentality, as wearing the appliance takes patience and dedication. It has been almost 2 years wearing the appliance off and on (the off-period times consisted of my dentist sending the appliance back to Dr. Singh's lab for reconfiguration). The dedication does pay off though and while I may not have the "Hollywood smile", the facial definition the DNA has given me has blown me away.

I must divulge my own theories now as to why my facial structure has shifted so dramatically. I began natural desiccated thyroid about 5 months prior to beginning the appliance and while that can have its own dramatic appearance changes, I still owe my wider smile and cheekbone enhancement to the appliance.

Behold! Before and after photos:)
The above is 2011, pre-appliance, and the bottom is from today, February 2013.


-Sara



5 comments:

  1. Hey, so glad to see your treatment is going well. I am in Phoenix, would you recommend your dentist to others? Do you have any TMJ symptoms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kevin Mueller. He is in Sun City West so it's a bit of a drive from the Phoenix Metro area but well worth it. I have not experienced any TMJ symptoms in the past. However, in the past few days I have woken with a sore jaw due to clenching my teeth at night. This has never happened to me before so I am chalking it up to the stress of moving. I know Dr. Mueller has patients with TMJ and is able to treat them properly and holistically.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sara,

    The photos really show your cheekbones coming out. Do you have any profile photos that show pretreatment and post treatment for comparison. I would like to see a comparison of the two.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara, I know its been years later, but how have you been after finishing your DNA Appliance treatment? I'm a 37 year old male, whose dentist wants me to do it due to some medical conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Scott,
    Using the DNA appliance has definitely helped me with my smile. I truly believe that I wouldn't have been able to achieve the smile I have without it. While it didn't straighten my teeth as much as I had preferred, it did help with bringing out other facial features as well as helping me to sleep better. In 2015 I did have braces put on but only needed them for about 6 months while using an appliance accelerator known as "Acceledent". I believe that because I had used the DNA appliance, that it helped to prime my gums and jaw to accelerate the braces process. As we all know regular adults will wear braces for years, but due to the appliance, the time was greatly minimized to 6 months. I'm definitely an advocate for this device for anyone on the fence.

    ReplyDelete