Friday, April 13, 2012

Update

Hello all!


It has been 5 months since my last post and I sincerely apologize. I have been wearing the DNA appliance this entire time and the experience has been rather interesting, but very rewarding. As of 2 weeks ago, I have grown out of my DNA appliance because of the rapid expansion and it is currently at the lab being reconfigured to fit my newly widened mouth. Over the past 5 months the DNA has been pushing my teeth outwards, and now they have widened enough to where we can start pushing them forwards (using a splint (sp?)) so that I can have a more rounded smile instead of a triangular shape (which is what I have had my entire life). 


Since the 5 months have passed, I have noticed major improvements to my facial bone structure. I have always had a very full, rounded, squishy-cheek, kind of face. Now after wearing the DNA for 5 months, my face is 10 times thinner and I have cheekbones. My entire jaw has slowly shifted forwards! This visual change has been more rewarding than I could ever have expected.


I cannot wait to get my appliance back and progress towards the smile of my dreams :-)


I will post some recent photos soon!
-Sara

6 comments:

  1. "I have noticed major improvements to my facial bone structure. I have always had a very full, rounded, squishy-cheek, kind of face. Now after wearing the DNA for 5 months, my face is 10 times thinner and I have cheekbones. My entire jaw has slowly shifted forwards!"

    It is like manna from heaven to hear this!! I have a 13 yr old daughter who has the same type of face you describe, she has big fat wide baby cheeks but flat, with no visible cheek bones. She has a wide broad face, but with very little forward growth. I have been looking for ages, it seems like, for something that would improve her forward facial growth but all of the ortho's I have been to said it can't be done and she is too old for orthotropics, which would have been my first choice.
    It is so wonderful to know your experience. Where are you located? What ortho are you seeing? What is the cost of your treatment? How long does treatment last? Has it been painful? How often are your appts?
    Sorry for so many questions, but I would LOVE to know details.
    Thank you!


    SO EXCITED to hear this! I have a 13 yr old daughter who also has a wide, flat face

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot to ask about your breathing. My daughter has a slightly recessed lower jaw from mouth breathing most of her life, from a gluten allergy we didn't know about. She has always been a snorer, I have heard that the DNA appliance can open up the airway and help with snoring and sleep apnea. Any info on this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for blogging about your appliance. You helped me to make the decision to proceed w/ treatment. I will also be blogging about my experience to help get the word out about this awesome alternative to jaw surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another update would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sara,

    I work BioModeling Solutions with Dr. Singh here at our main office in Beaverton, Oregon. One aspect of my job is to update the website content on dnaappliance.com . Would you allow me to include a link to your blog from the DNA appliance website? If you are interested in doing this please submit your contact information to the comment form on the DNA appliance website.

    Thank you,
    Ken Yielding
    IT Department
    BioModeling Solutions. LLC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a final before and after?? It would be sooo helpful to all of us who are considering treatment. Are you still happy with the final outcome of treatment?? Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete